By the late 1950’s, plans for the future size and shape of the Army led to a reduction in the number of infantry regiments. The Seaforth and Camerons were one casualty of this process. In February 1961 the regiments were amalgamated to form the Queen’s Own Highlanders (Seaforth & Camerons).
During their thirty three years in existence they served with the same professional commitment as their forebears.
They were seen across the remainder of the Army as being as experienced and professional as any regiment drawing on the reputation handed down from the antecedent regiments.
The Museum is not publicly funded and relies on donations from the public. Please give generously. (We would like to suggest a donation of £5.00)