This room was named to acknowledge the long association with Field Marshall His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, KG KT OM GBE Colonel in Chief The Highlanders, 4th Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland.
This association with the regiments started back in 1953 when he was appointed as Colonel in Chief of the Queens Own Cameron Highlanders. He continued in that appointment with the Queen’s Own Highlanders(Seaforth & Camerons) in 1961 and also with The Highlanders (Seaforth, Gordon’s & Camerons) in 1994.
On the formation of the Royal Regiment of Scotland he continued as our Royal Colonel and reopened the museum after refurbishment in March 2013. The display cases in this room will continue to reflect different aspects and exhibitions from our history.
The Museum is not publicly funded and relies on donations from the public. Please give generously. (We would like to suggest a donation of £5.00)