2 x seasonal visitor services assistants – vacancy
seasonal visitor services assistant AT THE HIGHLANDERS’ MUSEUM
The Highlanders’ Museum is seeking 2 x seasonal visitor services assistants. An active part of our small team, as Seasonal Visitor Services, you will assist the Visitor Services Team Leader and the rest of the Visitor Services team in ensuring the smooth running of our front of house operations and ensuring that every visitor is given a warm welcome. This includes performing front of house duties and staffing the museum shop, along with monitoring the galleries as required.
This position is part-time. The salary is £10.90 per hour. This will be a fixed term contract. You will be required to work on-site at Fort George. You will work 6 hours per day over the term of the contract with a 30-minute paid break daily, to be taken on site unless agreed otherwise.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Welcoming visitors and providing excellent customer service for all, starting with a warm and friendly greeting for all visitors and contractors. Dealing with face to face, telephone and email enquiries from visitors and company employees. Responsibility for company security procedures in respect of visitors. Reports to: Visitor Services Team Leader.
- Welcoming visitors and providing excellent customer service for all, starting with a warm and friendly greeting for all visitors and contractors.
- Providing information about the museum including where to go, new exhibitions and children’s activities.
- Be responsible for the safety and security of the museum and all visitors when Duty Person.
- Reception services for The Highlanders’ Museum both in person and on the telephone.
- Retail sales in the gift shop.
- General retail administration including the cash reconciliation at the end of the day.
- Keeping the gift shop restocked and well presented; moving stock with some heavy lifting required.
- Ensuring all public areas including reception, shop area & meeting areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Monitor museum public spaces, respond to visitor questions, and ensure museum is always well presented.
- Be knowledgeable of and actively promote THM’s membership programme, exhibitions, and events.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
For more information and how to apply, click below.